Name-Monroe Jackson Rathbone
Singapore, Southeast Asia
Height-5' 9½" (1.77 m)
Years Active-2005 present
Monroe Jackson Rathbone V (born December 14, 1984), better known as Jackson Rathbone, is an American actor and musician. He is perhaps best known for his role as Jasper Hale in The Twilight Saga and for playing Sokka in The Last Airbend
Rathbone was born in Singapore, the son of American parents Randee Lynn (née Brauner) and Monroe Jackson Rathbone IV. His great-grandfather, Monroe Jackson Rathbone II, was the chairman of Standard Oil of New Jersey, which later became Exxon; Rathbone is also distantly related to Civil War general Stonewall Jackson. Because of his father's job at Mobil Oil, Rathbone has lived in places ranging from Indonesia to Midland, Texas.He started out in local theater in Midland with the youth actors program "The Pickwick Players", initially doing musical theatre. For his junior and senior years of high school, Rathbone attended the Interlochen Arts Academy, a private school for the arts in Michigan, where he majored in acting.After graduation, he had planned to go to the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama, but went instead to Los Angeles to experiment with film acting
After being in Los Angeles for a short time, Rathbone was cast in Disney 411, where he interviewed up-and-coming personalities like Hilary Duff and the sister duo Aly & AJ. He has also had guest roles on The O.C. andClose to Home. His film roles include work in Molding Clay, Pray for Morning, and Travis and Henry. In 2005, he scored the role of Nicholas Fiske in ABC Family's original series Beautiful People. In a 2008 interview, he stated it was his first leading man role and was his most difficult role to fit into.
In 2008, he played Jasper Hale in the film Twilight, based on the best-selling novel by Stephenie Meyer.He reprised his role in the sequels to Twilight, The Twilight Saga: New Moon, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse and The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn. In 2009, Rathbone played Jeremy in S. Darko. In addition to that role, he won kudos for his performance as a serial killer on Criminal Minds. Rathbone played the role of Sokka in The Last Airbender, a 2010 film based on the animated series.The Last Airbender has caused controversy because of the casting of white actors like Rathbone to play characters that some fans felt were depictions of Asians or Inuit. Rathbone stated, "I think it's one of those things where I pull my hair up, shave the sides, and I definitely need a tan. It's one of those things where, hopefully, the audience will suspend disbelief a little bit."
In March 2010, it was reported Rathbone would soon star in an upcoming indie film drama, Truckstop, which began filming in September. Rathbone played the role of Charles, "a man with cerebral palsy who takes care of his dying father while working at truckstop, where he befriends a troubled young prostitute." Rathbone appeared in an episode of No Ordinary Family on November 9, 2010. In November 2010, it was reported he had been cast in the Warner Premiere and Dolphin Entertainment action webseries Aim High alongside Aimee Teegarden. The show in which he portrays Nick Green, a high school junior who's just starting a new school year as one of the country's 64 highly trained teenage operatives, premiered on October 18, 2011 on Facebook being the first "social series" ever created.
In May 2011, Rathbone began shooting Live at The Foxes Den, a film in which he plays the lead role of lawyer Bobby Kelly.
Rathbone has a production company, PatchMo Entertainment, and a record company, Happy Jack Records.
Rathbone enjoys music, writing, singing and producing. He formerly performed in a band called 100 Monkeys with two friends whom he met in high school at Interlochen Arts Academy, Ben Graupner and Ben Johnson,as well as close friends Jerad Anderson and M. Lawrence Abrams ("Uncle Larry").citation needed The band released three albums in 2009. In December 2009, 100 Monkeys began a 100-city tour that took them to nearly every state in the US by mid-2010. The band continued to tour into 2011 to coincide with the release of their new album, Liquid Zoo, which was released in June. The band headed overseas for their first international dates in winter 2011. Rathbone resides in Los Angeles. He and his girlfiend Sheila Hafsadi are expecting their first child
|Close to Home||Scott Fields||TV series|
|2006||Pray for Morning||Connor|
|The O.C.||Justin Edwards||TV series, episodes: "The Sister Act" and "The Heavy Lifting"|
|Beautiful People||Nicholas Fiske||TV series|
|2007||The Valley of Light||Travis|
|The War at Home||Dylan||TV series|
|Big Stan||Robbie the Hippie|
|2008||Senior Skip Day||Snippy|
|The Cleaner||Joey||TV series, episode: "Back To One"|
|2009||DaZe: Vol. Too (sic) - NonSeNse||Jehosefat|
|S. Darko||Jeremy Kyle|
|Criminal Minds||Adam Jackson||TV series, episode: "Conflicted"|
|The Twilight Saga: New Moon||Jasper Hale|
|2010||The Last Airbender||Sokka||Razzie Award for Worst Supporting Actor|
Nominated - Razzie Award for Worst Screen Couple (with the entire cast)
|The Twilight Saga: Eclipse||Jasper Hale|
|No Ordinary Family||Trent||TV series, episode: "No Ordinary Visitors"|
|2011||The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1||Jasper Hale|
|Aim High||Nick Green||Web series|
|Zombie Hamlet||Shakespeare Purist||Post-production|
|2012||The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2||Jasper Hale||Post-production|
|Live at The Foxes Den||Bobby Kelly||Filming|
|Cowgirls N' Angels||Justin Wood||Post-production|
- "For Jackson Rathbone, this could be heartthrob breakout week". Philadelphia Inquirer. Retrieved July 3, 2010.
- Faran Krentcil (2010-06-03). "Jackson Rathbone: Uncut".Nylon magazine. Nylon Holding Inc.. Retrieved 2010-06-04.
- "Hello! Meet the band & more monkeys". 100 Monkeys. Retrieved 2011-01-12.
- Collins, Catherine (2009-11-19). ""Twilight" Star's Midland Roots". CBS 7 News. Retrieved 2009-11-22.
- "Midland Reporter-Telegram (TX)". Midland Reporter-Telegram. 2007-01-18. Retrieved 2009-11-22.
- Baker, Tom (2010-07-16). "'Airbender' ideal: Sweet but strong". Daily Yomiuri Online. Retrieved 2010-07-20.
- "Jackson Rathbone". Prayformorning.com. Retrieved 2008-02-15.
- Christina Radish (2008-11-14). "Jackson Rathbone in Twilight". MediaBlvd Magazine. Retrieved 2008-11-14.
- "Jackson Rathbone Online Interview". Jackson-rathbone.com. Retrieved 2011-07-24.
- Larry Carroll (2009-01-09). "Jackson Rathbone Thinks 'New Moon' Will Be 'Pretty Fantastic'". MTV. Retrieved 2009-03-12.
- "Peter Facinelli, Ashley Greene, Kellan Lutz, Jackson Rathbone, Elizabeth Reaser, Nikki Reed, and Billy Burke Sign on to BREAKING DAWN; Plus Three New TWILIGHT: ECLIPSE Posters". Collider. 2010-05-19. Retrieved 2010-05-20.
- Larry Carroll (2009-01-15). "'Twilight' Star Jackson Rathbone Hopes To 'Show His Range' In 'Last Airbender'". MTV. Retrieved 2009-01-15.
- Pamela McClintock (2010-03-11). "Thesp duo set to topline 'Truckstop'". Variety.
- tvbythenumbers.com Can A Live Twitter Chat Help No Ordinary Family Ratings?
- www.upi.com Cybill Shepherd to guest star on 'Family'
- Kit, Borys (November 29, 2010). "McG-Produced Digital Series 'Aim High' Gets a Cast". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 28, 2012.
- Van Pelt, Doug. "New tv series – Aim High". HM Magazine. Retrieved August 16, 2011.
- Shaw, Lucas (September 29, 2011). "Warner Bros. Creates First 'Social Series' for Facebook". Reuters. Retrieved February 28, 2012.
- "100 Monkeys | Gratis muziek, tourneedata, foto's, video's". Myspace.com. Retrieved 2011-07-24.
- Larry Carroll (2009-01-13). "'Twilight' Star Jackson Rathbone Moves Beyond Jasper Hale With 100 Monkeys". MTV. Retrieved 2009-02-26.
- "news & shows « Official Band Website | 100 Monkeys". 100monkeysmusic.com. Retrieved 2011-07-24.
- Kauri. "Jackson Rathbone reports filming has wrapped on ‘Cowgirls N’ Angels’ in Oklahoma".onlocationvacations.com.
For This Inpormation of Monroe Jackson Rathbone